Churches Together in Cheadle Hulme (CTCH) has pulled together the links and information below which we believe you may find useful during the current Coronavirus outbreak. Please check back here regularly for updates.
Our member churches are also doing their own contingency planning. You can find links to their websites on our Find a Church page.
- Reopening our churchesInformation about how churches in Cheadle Hulme are reopening for prayer and services after the coronavirus lockdown
- Holy Week and Easter 2020Find out how you can share Holy Week and Easter with Churches Together in Cheadle Hulme
- A Prayer for Cheadle HulmeWe offer a prayer for our community of Cheadle Hulme, our neighbours and our friends as we face the Coronavirus crisis together
- Prayers of HopeAn invitation to offer #PrayersOfHope every Sunday at 7 pm during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Light a #candleofhope – Sunday 22 MarchAn invitation to join Christians across Britain praying for help in the Coronavirus crisis
Supporting Chelwood Foodbank and The Wellspring
We are working with our friends at Cheadle Hulme Methodist Church and Grove Lane Baptist Church to do a weekly collection of non-perishable food items and toiletries for Chelwood FoodbankPlus. You can drop off your donations in CHMC car park on a Tuesday from 11 to 12 noon or in the car park at Grove Lane on a Saturday between 11 and 12 noon. If you can make a donation online to help the Foodbank they would really appreciate it!
“Cast all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you” 1 Peter 5:7
A prayer from Churches Together in England:
God, our rock and shield, we pray for our land, and all nations and places in our world, as many endure the effects of the illness Covid-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic.
For those who are ill, grant healing;
for those who mourn the death of loved ones, bring comfort;
for those who care for the sick, grant strength and endurance;
for those who are isolated or whose livelihoods are threatened, give courage and hope;
for all who take difficult decisions, from governments to health practitioners, give wisdom and compassion to accompany the knowledge and experience that they bring.
Deliver us from this disease, we pray, and enable all nations and communities to grow in collaboration and unity as we face this challenge together.
Grant a legacy of enduring common purpose in facing all that threatens our global common good.
We pray in Jesus’ name, in the unity of the Spirit, Amen.
Local online services and worship
Some of our member churches are offering services and worship online. You can see them here:
Emmanuel – recorded services in YouTube
Grove Lane Baptist Church – recorded services on Soundcloud (audio)
St Andrew’s – recorded services on YouTube
St Ann’s Roman Catholic Church – services live-streamed on Facebook
And the following churches in neighbouring areas are also offering reflection and worship online:
All Hallows, Cheadle – services on their website every Sunday
Bramhall Methodists are posting newly recorded services on YouTube
St Michael & All Angels, Bramhall – live and recorded sessions on Facebook
Worship from home
Here are some prayers and worship from our member churches for use at home during the outbreak :
- from the Baptist Union
- from the Church of England
- from the Methodist Church
- from the Roman Catholic Church
- from the United Reformed Church
Following government advice, CTCH has cancelled its face-to-face events until further notice. Sadly, our Lent Lunches and open-air Easter Service have been called off.